AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEM mosaic

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
433 Views, 5 Replies

DEM mosaic

Using AutoCad Map 3D 2012; Created a DEM mosaic, how do you hide or get rid of the seam lines when viewing or plottting??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

As a workaround, you can join all those Dem in one, e.g. by means of Qgis, sir.

Message 3 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

not sure what "thin lines" you mean, but maybe you should just check these variables

If not please upload a plot to PDF (or a screenshot of the preview) so we know where "thin lines" appear.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have FRAME and IMAGEFRAME set to 0 in this pdf.  Can't seem to hide these overlaps...

Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

DEM source:

Identification_Information:

Citation: Citation_Information: Originator: Nebraska Department of Natural Resources in work-share agreement with the U.S. Geological Survey Publication_Date: 19980701 Title: 7.5 Digital Elevation Models - DEM - 10 meter - Index for the State of Nebraska Geospatial_Data_Presentation_Form: raster digital data Publication_Information: Publication_Place: Menlo Park, CA Publisher: U. S. Geological Survey Online_Linkage: http://dnr.ne.gov/databank/dem.html

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry to say, but that are no borders around the images that can be handled with FRAME. My guess is that these are small distances from one DEM to the next coming up from mathematical inaccuracies while the coordinate system reprojection is calculated.

I would see two chances:

• load the DEMs into a drawing that is set to the same coord-system like the DEMs are originally, combine the 4 DEMs then to 1 and use that in your project
  • as antoniovinci already gave as tip, use another software to bring combine them to 1

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you very much. I appreciate your insight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost