AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating shape file (point\polyline\polygon) in M3D,

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JamaL9722060
5045 Views, 6 Replies

I couldn’t figure out at which step one can determine the type of the shape file (attached) when it is created. For example, how to create point\polyline\polygon shape files?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: JamaL9722060

No steps involved, sir.

When you run the _MAPEXPORT command, you choose one of the four classes (point, line, polygon, text), then Autocad automatically filters and exports ONLY the objects belonging to that class.

Message 3 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Expand the schema to get to the geometry type then select from the drop down list. The curve type is for polylines, surface is for polygons type.

GeoTypePNG.PNG

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

Antoniovinci,

Jamal wants to create a blank new shp file not export. From the Create tab of the ribbon Map3D allows users to create a new sdf or shp file and create the attributes and other metadata with no geomerty or data in it. It's great for doing a bulk copy or creating template files for features.

Murph
Message 5 of 7
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank you very much Murph for the help. That is great.

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph wrote:

From the Create tab of the ribbon Map3D allows users to create a new sdf or shp file and create the attributes and other metadata with no geomerty or data in it.

That sounds great, unfortunately I cannot find this feature in my Map2006: from which release was it implemented? TIA

Message 7 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From the Create tab of the ribbon Map3D allows users to create a new sdf or shp file and create the attributes and other metadata with no geomerty or data in it.

That sounds great, unfortunately I cannot find this feature in my Map2006: from which release was it implemented? TIA

I want to say in 2012/13 it became available on the ribbon but was introducted before that with the schema editor.

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost