AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating and using dwg seed file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MWRA
1661 Views, 3 Replies

Creating and using dwg seed file

I am looking to attach custom attributes to autocad features (lines, polylines, polygons, points) so that when we insert the dwg into ArcGIS the attrubutes are linked to the feature in both autodesk and gis. I am thinking a dwg seed file will perform this task but am looking for some help understanding and implementing the procedures.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: MWRA

Hi,

>> I am looking to attach custom attributes to autocad features

Can be done with "object data" (>>>details<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: MWRA

As far as I know, the DWG format with OD is not fully readable by ARCxxx, i.e. you can transfer the only geometry.

Why don't you simply use the shapefile as normal interchange format between cad and gis..?

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> As far as I know, the DWG format with OD is not fully readable by ARCxxx

Thank you, you are fully right, I missed the point that this DWG has to be inserted into an ArcGIS-project. I also was thinking about just data-creation with Map3D and AutoCAD entities and then use MAPEXPORT to get a SHP exported!

Sorry for confusion!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost