AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a PDF file with object properties and attribute data

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jjohnson
684 Views, 1 Reply

Create a PDF file with object properties and attribute data

We are a consulting firm located in Calgary, Alberta that creates custom maps for the oil and gas industry. We are currently using AutoCad Map 3D 2013/2014 and want the ability to create a PDF of our maps that have both the layers and object properties of the map.

Basically we want our clients to be able to still use a PDF file but have the layers and have the ability to view the object properties of the wells, pipelines, roads, and facilities that are included in the original DWG file.

The DWF file is good but most clients can't or don't want to download any software to view the files and we also want the ability to use the files on different devices and operating systems.

Hopefully someone has come across this issue before and maybe it is just a simple update to the PDF driver in AutoCad or some other fix. I know that ARCGis has this ability to export to a PDF with object properties so am hoping that AutoDesk is the same.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

John Johnson

President

TechSkill Planning Ltd.

email: jjohnson@techskillplanning.com

phone:1-855-688-6277

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
braudpat
in reply to: jjohnson

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Unfortunately I don't know how to produce PDF files from MAP (or CIVIL) with Object Datas embedded !

---> If somebofy has a GOOD solution, we will appreciate ...

Today (and yesterday) when I need Object Data, I generate an other DWG with with all needed OD (Object Datas) generated as standard text entities on many specific layers ...

I use either the Drawing Group and Queries and then I move "a little bit" the OD text entities after ... It could be a long time Work !

or either sometimes I MAPEXPORT some entites as ESRI Shape Files and with the FDO and the FDO Labels , I produce some other DWGs that I merge with the first one ...

Waiting for others inputs ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost