AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Tab is not visible

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
r.simcox
308 Views, 3 Replies

Create Tab is not visible

I have been following instructions from a reliable source.

I have been asked to " Use the Create --> Create from Points, menu and click the 'plus' sign in the top left and select Points in Drawing..."

however the create tab in map 3d is not visible, i have tried searching for it, and also looked threw the tab menu and "create" is not visible. 

How can i view the create tab?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: r.simcox

Hi,

have you tried all workspaces? Look to the workspace-icon in the status bar of AutoCAD and switch between them (icon looks like a gearwheel).

As I'm not in front of Map3D I can't tell you now in which of the workspaces it's to be found.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
r.simcox
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hi, i did try that yes and non of the work spaces included the create tab.

I have reinstalled the programme, which has fixed this problem. thankyou anyway

robert
Message 4 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: r.simcox

I have M3D 2014.   Create shows in the Planning and analysis workspace. 

If you are creating the points to a connected FDO provider, create is available in Task Manager, right click the layer and create is in the third block of choices down.  This allows you to create the object.  Create new feature from geometry is also there which can convert from a acad point to a FDO for example. This may be what you want?

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost