AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt File!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ronaldo54
395 Views, 2 Replies

Corrupt File!

Hi, I am running Auto CAD Map 3D 2013. The drawing that I am working on at the moment has several tabs, with each tab containing several viewports. The trouble that I am having is that when I try to copy a viewport, AutoCAD not responding is shown, and it take approx 5 mins to complete the comand!!! Can anyone help please. If I Wblock the model and insert it into a clean drawing, I would then need to create new tabs again, which would take some time. Thanks in advance Ron

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: Ronaldo54

Start with an AUDIT of the dwg, then in the options under the System tab check the Layout Regen Options. Last look at your video system and settings.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
dsypersma
in reply to: Ronaldo54

After typing in the Audit command, do a -Purge command and select REG to do a deep purge of the drawing file. I usually type AU* at the PURGE Enter name(s) to purge <*> and then N to verify each  name to be purged.

DDINSERT into a new drawing will also clean up an old drawing. Use AutoCad's Design Center to bring in your Layouts from the original drawing. The icon is located on the Standard Toolbar or you can type in ADCENTER.

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost