AutoCAD Map 3D General

SepantaMehr
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

Copy,Paste,Erase problem,...

247 Views, 2 Replies
09-10-2012 10:56 PM

When i need erase or copy and paste 10.000 objects it take me more than 1 min,...

I tried to diferent version of CADmap3d (Autocad Map 3d 2013,2012,2011,2010), but cant help me,...

CPU: intel core i7 3.4 GHz

RAM: 8GB

VGA: Nvidia 1 GB

windows 7 Ultimate x64 

pleas help me

:smileysad:

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Copy,Paste,Erase problem,...

09-11-2012 05:08 AM in reply to: SepantaMehr

Hi,

What object-types are these objects? Simple AutoCAD-geometry like lines, or more complex objects like polylines/blocks or very complex objects like XRef's or proxy-objects .... or are these objects from any referneced GIS-dataset like SHP, SDF, ...

How big is this drawing?

Have you tried to first cleanup your drawing using _PURGE?

Have you verified the number of defined scales in your drawing (command _SCALELISTEDIT)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distinguished Contributor
cjneper
Message 3 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: Copy,Paste,Erase problem,...

09-11-2012 01:46 PM in reply to: SepantaMehr

Unfortunately this is a known issue with 64 bit Acad, and has been a problem for several releases now.  For some reason 64 bit Acad cannot erase large datasets.  It works fine in 32 bit Acad.  I can imagine the incredulous look on your face right now....  Hard to believe this has not been fixed after several releases, erase is such a basic function.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community