AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate tracking in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jackmelgers
559 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate tracking in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

Hello:

I´m working with AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 on Windows 7 and when I use Coordinate Tracking I used to get fatal errors.

The error occurs when trying  to select a category from the list in the panel on the left. Strange enough, the error doesn´t occur when I first right-click in the list.

Anyone experienced this problem? Looks like the list needs to get focused first, by a right-click, and afterwards it works fine. 

Best regards,

Jack Melgers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: jackmelgers

I am having the exact issue with my AutoCAD Map 2012/Win7 Enterprise 64-bit.

Further more, I also have other issues: such as I cannot assign a coordinate system to a drawing. I thought somehow my Acad Map 2012 installation was messed up. I tried repairing without success.

Since my computer has Visual Studio 2012 with .NET 4.5 (I am programmer), I cannot uninstall and reinstall Acad Ma0 2012 without uninstall Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 first (I had done it previous twice, which is a big pain and very time-consuming), I am not sure if reinstall Aad Map would solve this.

But to me, the crash in Coordinate Tracking is likely a real bug introduced in AutoCAD Map 2012, because Map 2012 brought in a set of CS (Coordinate System) tools, which are quite buggy, I am currently having an open case with Autodesk regarding coordinate transformation.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
jackmelgers
in reply to: norman.yuan

A few days ago a Hotfix was uploaded for Coordinate Systems in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013.

In my case the problem is not directly the transformation calculation, but it seems more a problem with the interface. I´m working in 64 bit as well. Anyway, seems that when I focus the category list first with a right-click, it works fine. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost