AutoCAD Map 3D General

jackmelgers
Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

Coordinate tracking in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

243 Views, 2 Replies
03-21-2013 03:16 AM

Hello:

I´m working with AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 on Windows 7 and when I use Coordinate Tracking I used to get fatal errors.

The error occurs when trying  to select a category from the list in the panel on the left. Strange enough, the error doesn´t occur when I first right-click in the list.

Anyone experienced this problem? Looks like the list needs to get focused first, by a right-click, and afterwards it works fine. 

Best regards,

Jack Melgers

*Expert Elite*
norman.yuan
Message 2 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: Coordinate tracking in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

03-21-2013 07:00 AM in reply to: jackmelgers

I am having the exact issue with my AutoCAD Map 2012/Win7 Enterprise 64-bit.

Further more, I also have other issues: such as I cannot assign a coordinate system to a drawing. I thought somehow my Acad Map 2012 installation was messed up. I tried repairing without success.

Since my computer has Visual Studio 2012 with .NET 4.5 (I am programmer), I cannot uninstall and reinstall Acad Ma0 2012 without uninstall Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 first (I had done it previous twice, which is a big pain and very time-consuming), I am not sure if reinstall Aad Map would solve this.

But to me, the crash in Coordinate Tracking is likely a real bug introduced in AutoCAD Map 2012, because Map 2012 brought in a set of CS (Coordinate System) tools, which are quite buggy, I am currently having an open case with Autodesk regarding coordinate transformation.

jackmelgers
Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)

Re: Coordinate tracking in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

03-22-2013 01:03 AM in reply to: norman.yuan

A few days ago a Hotfix was uploaded for Coordinate Systems in AutoCAD Map 3D 2013.

In my case the problem is not directly the transformation calculation, but it seems more a problem with the interface. I´m working in 64 bit as well. Anyway, seems that when I focus the category list first with a right-click, it works fine. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community