AutoCAD Map 3D General

tom
tom
Message 1 of 2 (389 Views)

Coordinate system error

389 Views, 1 Replies
08-02-2012 08:12 AM

I get an error message when I load a map with Map 2009 (XP) that was last saved by 2012 (Win7 x64).  The error message is this:

Warning: Drawing {drawing name} was created with a version of coordinate system {coordinate system name} that is different from the version installed on your system.  Coordinate conversion operations may generate incorrect results.

I tried opening and saving it with 2009 but the error persists.  What causes this error and what can be done about it?

Tom

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (354 Views)

Re: Coordinate system error

08-05-2012 01:14 PM in reply to: tom

Hi,

>> What causes this error and what can be done about it?

That with Map3D2012 there are a lot more coord-systems available then in 2009. And when you now open the drawing with an older Map3D version you either have not defined this coord-system or with other definition-details.

If you can verify that your 2009-version has a projection-system defined equal to that of 2012 then you should be able to assign it using the command _ADESETCRDSYS.

If you have not the same coord-system in your 2009-version you will be unable to mix data of different systems with your Map3D and this drawing.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community