AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate list export of pipes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
charlv
531 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate list export of pipes

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can export multiple start and end points of multiple lines of a pipeline layer?

I understand the process below is handy for exporting coordinates of multiple points.

Here's one way to do it:

1. Select the Layer in Display Manager and click Table.

2. In the Table under Options choose Create a Calculation.

3. Write an expression like this:  X (  Geometry  )  and make sure that it validates.

4. Go back into your Table to view your calculated field -- do the calculated coordinates look correct? If yes, then

5. Go back to options and choose Manage Calculations. Make a New calculation like this:  Y (  Geometry  ) 

Many Thanks

Charl

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: charlv

Hello

You are using FDO layers so with the FDO Label/Expression Engine, you can do a few things, as you said ...

If I have to do the same for a lot of FDO lines/plines on many DWGs, I think that I would export the FDO to SHP/SDF , then MAPIMPORT to get a DWG with ODs (Object Datas) ...

Then do a classic Query (from the Drawings Group) and generate a "good old" report with ACAD Properties : X1/Y1/Z1 coords and X2/Y2/Z2 coords

and I will get all beginning points and end points of ALL lines/plines ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
charlv
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks. Makes sence.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost