Valued Contributor
charlv
Message 1 of 3 (196 Views)
Accepted Solution

Coordinate list export of pipes

196 Views, 2 Replies
03-17-2014 06:21 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can export multiple start and end points of multiple lines of a pipeline layer?

I understand the process below is handy for exporting coordinates of multiple points.

Here's one way to do it:

1. Select the Layer in Display Manager and click Table.

2. In the Table under Options choose Create a Calculation.

3. Write an expression like this:  X (  Geometry  )  and make sure that it validates.

4. Go back into your Table to view your calculated field -- do the calculated coordinates look correct? If yes, then

5. Go back to options and choose Manage Calculations. Make a New calculation like this:  Y (  Geometry  ) 

Many Thanks

Charl

*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: Coordinate list export of pipes

03-17-2014 06:29 AM in reply to: charlv

Hello

You are using FDO layers so with the FDO Label/Expression Engine, you can do a few things, as you said ...

If I have to do the same for a lot of FDO lines/plines on many DWGs, I think that I would export the FDO to SHP/SDF , then MAPIMPORT to get a DWG with ODs (Object Datas) ...

Then do a classic Query (from the Drawings Group) and generate a "good old" report with ACAD Properties : X1/Y1/Z1 coords and X2/Y2/Z2 coords

and I will get all beginning points and end points of ALL lines/plines ...

Bye, Pat

Valued Contributor
charlv
Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)

Re: Coordinate list export of pipes

03-17-2014 06:32 AM in reply to: braudpat

Thanks. Makes sence.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community