AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Lines

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Neman_
2948 Views, 11 Replies

Contour Lines

Hello there! 

I need a little help from you. I want to make contour lines in autocad 2010 map 3d, but dont know how to start and where :D.

I have xyz coordinates in. txt format , something like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/58611400.jpg/

I tryed to do with spline, but its pretty hard some times :/. I need something that i can import and let autocad draw the contours, if its possbile (import txt or another format if its possible) !?? 

Thanks for any help, and sorry if i dont have such a good english spelling Smiley Tongue

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
bingeomatics
in reply to: Neman_

Hello. If you have AutoCAD Civil, it is very universal software to do this operation in it. If you have only AutoCAD Map, you can only import this point list as Esri Shape file (point geometry) and creat DEM file from GIS file and only after it you can take contours from that DEm file.

Binnat Khalilov
Message 3 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: bingeomatics

bingeomatics wrote:

you can only import this point list as Esri Shape file (point geometry)

You don't need that conversion: simply use the _MAPIMPORT command to load the .CSV text file, sir.

Message 4 of 12
bingeomatics
in reply to: antoniovinci

antoniovinci, I know it, too. But he want to creat relief contours.... How he can creat contours by those points or blocks?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 5 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: bingeomatics

Binnat, you wrote: "you can only import this point list as Esri Shape file"...

So I replied that it's not necessary, while the contour generation is another thing.

I agree with you he may create a DEM from those points, but here's an alternative:

1. http://www.cadstudio.cz/en/apps/dtm/

Once you have the DTM as 3Dfaces' bunch, you can generate the contours with this jewel.

Message 6 of 12
bingeomatics

Hmm? I understant you, antoniovinci.

I said it for only contours.

But, I didn't knew about "CADstudio DTM". It is very good modul for AutoCAD users- who have not AutoCAD Civil.

Thanks.

Binnat Khalilov
Message 7 of 12
rreid

Neman_

You can create a surface easily in Map 3D 2013.

Simply go to the CREATE tab on the ribbon and select "Create from Points" on the 3D Surface Panel.

This will create a RASTER surface.

If you wish to add contours to your surface, then simply select the raster surface and the Contextual Ribbon for the Raster Layer will appear. There you will see the "Create Layer" function on the CREATE panel.

Hope this helps!

Richard W. Reid, Jr. PLS

AutoCAD - Civil 3D - Map 3D - ESRI - Google
AutoCAD Civil 3D Implementation Expert
Message 8 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: rreid

rreid wrote:
You can create a surface easily in Map 3D 2013

It doesn't matter, 'cause the OP owns Map2010, unless he can prove that it works for him...

Message 9 of 12
rreid

This function was available back to MAP 3D 2011, I don't have 2010 to test. Thank you, Richard W. Reid, Jr. PLS Senior Consultant - CIVIL AutoCAD Civil 3D Implementation Expert Autodesk Certified Professional MICRODESK, INC. 800-336-3375 (Main) 781-419-8115 (Direct) www.microdesk.comFacebook | Twitter | Blog| Microdesk CaresThe trusted advisor for the AECO industry AUTODESK 2012 NORTH AMERICAN PARTNER OF THE YEAR
Richard W. Reid, Jr. PLS

AutoCAD - Civil 3D - Map 3D - ESRI - Google
AutoCAD Civil 3D Implementation Expert
Message 10 of 12
Murph_Map
in reply to: rreid

@rreid wrote:
This function was available back to MAP 3D 2011, I don't have 2010 to test.

It's there in 2010 as well.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 11 of 12
Neman_

Guys thanks very much. Im sure i will have more questions for you Smiley Tongue

I try it back at home and hope to succed in this! 

Im doing 2d surveying and drawings, so 3d options i dont need on my work, but it improves my knowlegde of 3D Cad :). Just saying so you know ;).

And sory for the bad english 😛

Message 12 of 12
Neman_

Here is a drawing , u see spline lines. But every time i have to figure out were there going, and sometimes its very difficult. I need something that makes them, so i can rest my head a little bit and dont waste 2 hours on that 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost