AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SHP File data.....scaling/units problem!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bbrou25
393 Views, 1 Reply

Connecting to SHP File data.....scaling/units problem!!!

So have a university campus map that was drawin in normal AutoCAD with no coordinate system. I am trying to geo-regefernce it.  I was able to get ahold to a SHP file of the campus buidings from another entity on campus that have field verfied coordinates of all the buildings and drawn them in ArcGIS.  What I would like to do is connect to the shape file and then move my CAD map "on top" of the shape file buildings and do any adjustments I might need.  Then my CAD map would be "geo-referenced".

My problem is that when I connect to the shape file the building in the shape file are 1/12 the size of the CAD drawn buildings.  I am assuming that this is becase the CAD buiding were drawn as 1 unit = 1" whereas the SHP buildings were drawn as 1 unit = 1'.  

I can scale down my CAD building by 1/12 but I was curious if anybody had any other solutions. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Murph_Map
in reply to: bbrou25

Look at the system variables INSUNITS, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and INSUNITSDEFTARGET. Then in the dwg with the shp file insert the campus bldg file, rotate,align and position as needed.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost