AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting MySQL to AutoCAD Map 3D issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
miquel.roy
752 Views, 4 Replies

Connecting MySQL to AutoCAD Map 3D issue

When trying to connect MySQL 5.5 to AutoCAD Map 3D in W7 x64, a file called "libmysql.dll" is required. In the Help Package of the program, it is said that this file must be installed before you can make the connection.

The problem is that it isn's specified where and how must this file be installed. Someone got to know?

I've found this file in the MySQL 5.5 directory. I've tried to put it in the FDO folder or AutoCad Map 3D, I've tried to put it inside system32 and syswow64 folders. I've tried to register this dll using regsvr32 in command prompt putting it inside those folders... and I get always errors. I don't know what else can I do to get this file installed so I can connect to MySQL throug AutoCAD Map 3D.

Please, Help!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hence_the_name
in reply to: miquel.roy

Hi,

in Map help (2013) is written:

Note

If you cannot connect to your MySQL data source, you may see an error message: "Specified credentials are not valid or the provider is unable to establish a connection." To resolve the issue, copy the libmySQL.dll file into the AutoCAD Map 3D\FDO\bin folder and try again.

Tried that?

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 5
miquel.roy
in reply to: hence_the_name

I already tried this. I've tried to put the dll inside FDO, FDO/bin, ... but the same error appears...
Message 4 of 5
hence_the_name
in reply to: miquel.roy

Hi,

I'm not familiar with MySQL but I believe you need the 64bit version of the dll in question as Map is a 64bit app. You mentioned that you found the dll in MySQL installation folder - is that a 32 or 64bit installation?

Just guessing,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 5 of 5
miquel.roy
in reply to: hence_the_name

Ok, I've had to send my computer to repair because of some battery issue. I
won't have it in less than two weeks so I can't test what you're suggesting
till then.

I think that my MySQL version is 32bit because when connecting to my
workplace it was necessary to have the 32 bit version. Do you think this
may be the issue?

Miquel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost