AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Drawings and 0z values

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
davidu01
338 Views, 11 Replies

Connecting Drawings and 0z values

Please someone help me here?

Why have i got 0 for all my z values I have followed all the steps in the Guide and still have 0, my x and y axis are ok. Im wondering if it may be something to do with the Digimap and OS downloads.

Another thing

How do i conect all my drawing downloads i have together ive tried the coordinates system and just dont get anywhere.
Downloaded from Digimap i have 20 different drawings of this section but i cant connect them together. I have a catalogue system which is just like a coordinates section with these 20 places. All my drawings are fine they open in autocad fine just need to put them together to link them.

If someone can give me an easy explained guide or even a video of my problems it would be a great help.
So far ive typed it into google several times watched several videos and still no where.

David
From the UK so use Great Britain OS maps

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Murph_Map
in reply to: davidu01

What format did you download? Can you post a sample of what you have?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 12
davidu01

I have both DWG and DXF both work fine. All the drawings open its just putting them together that i have problems with and the z values.
Took some screenshots but it wont allow me to process them

one drawing has a grid with 20 squares

the other drawings have everything that should be within these squares but i cant get them together.

the other i went to create points selected them and it gave me x and y values but no z

It be much better if it let me post the pictures

Message 4 of 12
antoniovinci

@davidu01 wrote:

It be ... if it let me

Whoa... in which jail did you learn writing this slang, man..?

Please zip and attach here EVERYTHING you have, thx.

Message 5 of 12
Murph_Map

If you got dwg and dxf then I would bet they do not have any elevation data with them nor any coordinate system with them. Did you get any metadata or readme files with any of it?

Murph
Message 6 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: Murph_Map

Good point, M, or his DWG has Z attribute embedded as Object Data, that's why I'd like to have a look into...

Message 7 of 12
davidu01

Is it ok if i get one of your emails, I know you might not like giving it out but autodesk will not let me post everything that use would like.
It also takes about 20 minutes for me to be told the file is too large.

Message 8 of 12
davidu01

sorry mine is davidu01@yahoo.com

Message 9 of 12
antoniovinci

davidu01 wrote:

It also takes about 20 minutes for me to be told the file is too large.

Sir, if you wanna get helped, let your IT guru read this topic.
He will upload that DWG on a file sharing service, not in 20', but in 20", trust me.

Message 10 of 12
davidu01

The IT expert at my uni is never in so still having trouble doing this.

all the files are correct.
Just really need to know how to connect all my OS maps into one drawing

The z values dont really matter now but it be great if one of yous could suggest a way of doing it. I do have heights in the stuff ive downloaded but instead of being in the z value they separate themselves as height.

Message 11 of 12
antoniovinci

davidu01 wrote:

all the files are correct

Well, in your shoes I'd leave this verdict to us, sir.

For the second (and last) time, I beg you to zip and load that stuff e.g. on http://ge.tt

Message 12 of 12
Murph_Map

You can use the INSERT command and insert each dwg into your project or use the ADEDRAWINGS command and query in the enities you need. Of course you need to know that they all have a coordinate system for them or the dwgs created in real world coordinates.

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost