AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect both AutoCad Civil 3D 2013 and ArcMap 10.1 to PostGIS

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
markvolz
880 Views, 0 Replies

Connect both AutoCad Civil 3D 2013 and ArcMap 10.1 to PostGIS

Hello,

I set up PostgreSQL 9.1 64 bit and PostGIS 2.0 on a windows server to serve to postGIS data ArcMap 10.1 clients via a query layer.  I have been asked to allow CAD users access to the database.  CAD can almost connect to the data.  It will find the database and connect to the tables, however no linework comes accross.  I came across documentation that Civil 3D only works with PostgreSQL 9.0 and PostGIS 1.5.  The problem I have is that it appears ArcMap 10.1 only wants to connect to a 64 bit server, and there is no 64 bit version of PostGIS 1.5 for windows servers.

Does anyone know of any combination of postgres and postgis that will work for Autodesk Civil 3D 2013 and ArcGIS 10.1 clients?  Is a work around such as WFS worthwhile, or is the performance of WFS too slow?  I had someone offer assistance in builing a custom providor, however that seems like it is more work than it really should be.

Thank You

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost