AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Points in Map 3D 2008

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bstpeters
241 Views, 1 Reply

Civil Points in Map 3D 2008

I am currently working on my first GIS project. The survey crew has collected Storm / San Manholes, Water Valves and Fire Hydrants with a VRS GPS. Each of these features have unique identifiers. The scope of the project is to produce a base drawing that has all of these feature located with the GPS and have either static or dynamic data attached. The water mains and storm / san mains are static. The water valves and fire hydrants are going to be dynamic. The dynamic features all have blocks defined with block attributes setup. Instead of manually editing every block attribute to create the unique identifier. I was trying to create a link between a "Civil Point" and an external database without success. Is there an easy way to have the block attribute read a value from a "Civil Object" (ex description) I tried to use the "insert a field" within the attribute and use object. The only option with LDT is "Object Name". If I try this same procedure in MAP 3D I get more options except for the point information i need. If I list a point or properties for a point it gives me the information I would need for the attribute. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan

Civil 3D 2008
Land Desktop Companion 2008
Map 3D 2008
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JohnPM
in reply to: bstpeters

If you have a common attribute in your blocks that matches the primary key attribute in the external database you can automatically create links between your blocks and the rows of data in the database. Possibly an ID or number. If not you can export your attributes from the blocks and import them into a new data table then create the links.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost