AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Change the View Scale in any new or old drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drusselle
348 Views, 3 Replies

Can not Change the View Scale in any new or old drawings

I just got back from vacation and I know someone was using my computer and maybe they clicked on some button but now if I am in a layout and double click on my viewport  I can not change the View Scale by typing in a custom scale.

I typically work in metres and do subdivision layout so I use 1:500 up to 1:5,000 but now even though the view ports are unlocked the number will not change when I type it in but I can zoom in and out with my mouse.

Is there something I am missing??

It's driving me crazy!!!

I can pick a scale in viewport scale like 1:5 1:1 but prefer to type in my scale as I like to plot it

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
donna.logan
in reply to: drusselle

Hi Drusselle

Here is the response I got from AutoDesk Support. The last option worked for me. Hope this solves your issue as well.

Enter the MVIEW command in the command prompt > Lock > off > select the affected viewport.
or 
2. Highlight the viewport border and right click and select  DISPLAY LOCKED and the fly out will give you the option of yes or no.
or
3. Open the options dialog box (type Options). Select the viewport and select Display locked and toggle it to no.

If nothing above helps solve the problem, then there is probably something wrong with the settings files in your AutoCAD Map 2012.
To test this, create a new administrator user account (via User Accounts in the Windows Control Panel), log in to that account, and then try to reproduce the problem. AutoCAD will load with a clean initial setup in the new account. If the problem goes away, then log back in to your normal account and reset the settings by going to Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Map 2012 > Reset Settings To Default.

Message 3 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: donna.logan

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD forums !

Thks for the Info !

And you have this problem with your MAP 2012 !

With or without the SP 2 on your MAP 2012 ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
donna.logan
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

With SP2.

D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost