AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COORDINATE SYSTEM CRAZINESS...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brendar
372 Views, 6 Replies

COORDINATE SYSTEM CRAZINESS...

After upgrading from AutoCad Map 2010 to AutoCad Map 2013, when I try to insert the aerial image in the map, it puts it off in space a thousand miles away. I have tried to check all the setting but I'm not sure what to change to make it work right. If I open the drawing in 2010, it works fine, so it is the settings in the 2013 program. I changed the coordinate system to NAD83, the one for Mississippi. But it still wont work right... Any idea what to do??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: brendar

Please upload somewhere image+worldfile, we're gonna have a look into them, sir.

Message 3 of 7
brendar
in reply to: antoniovinci

It isnt the image or the drawing that is the problem. I can open it in AutoCad Map 2010 on another computer & it works perfectly. It has to be the settings on my program. 

Brenda Ramsey

Message 4 of 7
coalprpmapper

I assume you used MAPIINSERT to insert the image.  If you just use the basic image insertion command IMAGEATTACH, then AutoCAD Map won't read the world file, and your image will come in at the wrong place and wrong attitude.

Message 5 of 7
brendar
in reply to: coalprpmapper

Yes, I am using MAPIINSERT. The same command places it in the correct place when using AutoCad Map 2010. 

Message 6 of 7
coalprpmapper

Then the only thing I can think of is Map isn't finding the world file associated with the image.  If your image file is named, say, xx.tif, then you need a world file at the same location, named xx.twf.

MAPINSERT is one command I've never had problems with, going from Map 2000 through Map 2012.

Try attaching the image on the computer using Map 2010, saving it to a server or CD, open that saved file on your 2012 computer, detach the image, and try to MAPINSERT it.

Message 7 of 7

Oops, my bad.  I missed that you're using Map 2013.  You might want to read the thread at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/Civil-3D-2013-Map-2013-Image-Issue/td-p/3415105.  Looks like your problem may be a units mismatch or a coordinate system problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost