AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
allensam12
282 Views, 4 Replies

COGO

I am platting m&b descriptions out and when I use the cogo bearing and distance command it will not draw a line to the entered point, the cursor is just move to and I have select the end point of where I just came from to draw the line does anyone know how to fix this issue or if there is a setting that I dont have turned on? I would like to be able to able to enter the calls and a line automatically drawn to the point and continue from there till the description closes?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jggerth1
in reply to: allensam12

have you started the LINE or PLINE command amd provided a starting point prior to using bearing and distance?  I believe you'll find that is a necessary requisite.

Message 3 of 5
allensam12
in reply to: jggerth1

I do use those commands before when I do I have to draw the line by connecting to the point I just left from, then for the next call I enter Pline/Line command, choosing bearing and distance then I have to go the end point of the previous call do the process all over

Message 4 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: allensam12

from your start point enter   @dist<Bearing  i.e. as @123.456<n3d3'3"e and continue with each leg of the traverse. Enter to terminate the line or close to make a closed polygon when you get to the last leg.

dave

Message 5 of 5
allensam12
in reply to: parkr4st

Thank you, that helped out. I know this is being nitpicky, but I wish there
was a way to but the bearing in first instead of the distance, most legal
descriptions are written in the form.

--
Sam Allen
P.S. 3056
Petroleum Landman
10840 County Road 731
Philadelphia, MS 39350

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost