AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk copy from layers works very unstable

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jimjam
338 Views, 1 Reply

Bulk copy from layers works very unstable

Bulk copy operation works perfect while uses Feature Sources. But use of Layers often causes different errors (for example "Source class 'isolines' not found") and terminates bulk copy. Sometimes it works properly with the same layers. We haven't detected any dependencies yet.

This problem exists from version 2010 till 2012 (earlier versions didn't support bulk copy from layers at all).

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ouspensky
in reply to: jimjam

I have the same problem.  all i want to do is rename columns.  so I go into schema editor and everything is greyed out.  so i write a new schema and create a blank SDF then attempt bulk copy and i get 'source class not found" error so I delete both layers and keep the dataconnection through FDO on and then try bulk copy and... then 5 different error messages and then finally a FATAL ERROR.  so I guess it is not possible to something as simple as rename a column in Map3D.

Problem solved; go to solution >>> download the FREE software QGIS and in one click rename the column.  but beware you might find that you enjoy its stability and ease compared to Map3D that you never want to back.  they even have better customer support too on their forums...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost