AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to reference a Sid raster image and have it clippable?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jfactory
1314 Views, 6 Replies

Best way to reference a Sid raster image and have it clippable?

Hi,

I'm still learning some of the basics in the AutoCAD Map features.  Most of my work has been using a map that is connected to data.  My raster image is connected to a Sid file which covers more area than I usually need to work with.

What is the best way to work with a small area at a time? I cannot seem to imageclip the connected raster image.

Thanks for help for probably a pretty basic question.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: Jfactory

With data connection to a raster file you can zoom in to the area then right click on the raster layer in the display manager and do a refesh. Now you can zoom out if you need to and it somewhat acts like a clipped image. Just watch the regens or redraw commands.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
bingeomatics
in reply to: Murph_Map

In my AutoCAD Map that function is called "Resample Raster".

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: bingeomatics

@bingeomatics wrote:

In my AutoCAD Map that function is called "Resample Raster".

Correct, I had a brain freeze and didn't verify as I replied.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 7
Jfactory
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thank you for the replies. I'll have to try this out when I'm at work on Monday 🙂

Message 6 of 7
parkr4st
in reply to: Jfactory

Depending on the image file size and your computer capability try _mapiinsert, zoom extents, zoom window to the area you need, and _view to view manager and NEW named view.  You can then select the view by the name in the list ad quickly get to the area of the image you want to see.  this avoids the resample raster routine also.

dave

Message 7 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: parkr4st

Hello

If you are using FDO sources (Rasters, SHP, SDF, SQLite, etc), you can use the MAPUPDATEMAP command

to update ALL FDO connections ... It's very useful !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost