AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autolisp Export Table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
353 Views, 4 Replies

Autolisp Export Table

Hi all, I need a lisp shortcut to save me a whole lot of data entry. Basically I have 100 or so drawings, very similar in format. In each drawing there are some tables, with one of the tables containing some key information we need to extract. My thinking was that instead of typing them out all manually I could use lisp and EZscript to open each drawing, select the correct table (using a crossing window?) export the table to a spreadsheet in a specific folder, close the drawing and move on to the next one. (So there would be as many spreadsheets as drawings.) Thats the first challenge, the second is to combine all those spreadsheets to include all the information. I would then cull out all the irrelevent data. Too hard?    

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Can be done, but if the dwgs are not to large I would open a blank dwg, mapattach the dwgs and do a report query to extract the OD data then import that txt into your spead sheet. Even if you can not map attach but a few of the dwgs at once, do the map attach and report query and SAVE the query to your support files. The .qry file can be open in the vlisp editor and saved as a lsp file. ; ) Save you some typing.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hmmm I would really like that to be the second option, especially since i'm having trouble following you: The drawings are fairly small and it doesnt take too long to attach them, but the tables are in paperspace with no object data.

The other reason is that ive worked out how to merge all the excel files into one. Only problem is, when i export from cad, they are in csv format Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

The tables are standand vanilla AutoCAD table objects, I was thinking they were object data tables. Then you will be able to use the map attach and report query. Might ask in the customizing group for help then.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Ok, thanks Murph Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost