AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 3d 2012 - Slow DWG File Load

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Paul_RATKUN
1381 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Map 3d 2012 - Slow DWG File Load

HELP NEEDED

We recently have been upgraded to Autocad Map 3d 2012. When opening a DWG file that was created in Autocad Map 3d 2011 it is taking an extremely long time to load, It gets to 87% then hangs. The file opens perfectly in Autocad Map 3d 2011 albeit with a minor delay. The DWG file has 4 attached ECW Aerial Photos each stored on a network drive and each greater than 1 GB in Size. I have researched a little and have narrowed it down I think to an XREF issue. The files were attached using the MAPIINSERT Command. I completed a test by opening the base file in Autocad Map 3d 2011 and UNLOADING the 4 images, then saving it. I then opened this file in Autocad Map 3d 2012 and it opened super fast with no DELAY. Can somebody steer me in the right direction on how this can be resolved. I also attempted to open this file on a similar machine and it opens with NO issues. Is it a local setting, registry setting or something to do with memory that I have overlooked, I dont want to attach and detach everytime I open a file with images. It worked fine in Autocad Map 3d 2011

Regards

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

1. Check the scalelistedit dialog box for any annotation scales that may be overloading the drawing.

http://rockmaster.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/automatically-purge-scale-list/

I modified the code from the link a bit.

(defun C:scalelistreset
    (setvar "cmdecho" 0)(terpri)
    (command "-scalelistedit" "reset" "yes" "exit")
) ;eof

2. Check layerfilters and purge any unnecessary layer filters.

An excellent lisp file is written by Mr. Bell

;;;CADALYST 05/04 Tip1949:  LFD.LSP          Remove Layer Filters    (c) 2004 R. Robert Bell

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/node/tiplisting?keywords=1949

Hope this helps...

Message 3 of 3

you can also delete the annotation scales.

(command "-scalelistedit" "delete" "*" "exit")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost