AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 3D and JPEG image

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rimutaka
603 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Map 3D and JPEG image

Hi,

I am a newcomer to Autocad Map 3D.

I would like to create a map of small town in eastern part of Indonesia but unfortunately there is no data to support it. The only data I have is from google earth in jpeg format.

Can I use a JPEG image to create a map in Autocad Map 3D? If not, any suggestions to help make it happen?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: rimutaka

Since a lot of free geographic data is available on the Net, throw away your useless image, and start from here, for instance.
Message 3 of 6
parkr4st

It is possible you may use the inage as part of the mapping process.  However as antoniovinci states there is alot of data available on the internet.  search for a good base map of the area, boundaries, roads, water features and search for a photo that is georerferenced if yours is not.  You can align the image you have to the base maps with some degree of accuracy which may or may not be good enough for the project you are working on.

If you will, provide the name of the town and maybe someone watching the forum has some base information they will share.  Is your image georeferenced?

dave

Message 4 of 6
rimutaka
in reply to: parkr4st

Antoniovinci:

Thank you for link provided.

Parkr4st:

The area is Manokwari and is located in West Papua, Indonesia.

My image is not georeferenced.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi rimutaka

I saw your post about Map of Manokwari

And I wanted to know if you have it?

and if you can send me?

Message 6 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Nofarshalev,

What version of Map 3D do you have? If you have 2014,2015, or 2016, then you have Bing Live Maps. You can zoom in as close as you like.

What data do you have? Shapefiles, COGO Points, Contours? Assign a Coordinate System and put them in the drawing. Then turn on Bing Live Maps. Voila:

Manokwari.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost