AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 3D 2009 Freeze/Locks Up

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
419 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Map 3D 2009 Freeze/Locks Up

Hello,

I support a few users with AutoCAD and have been having a problem with AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 not responding. This started out by just launching ACAD and working around when all of a sudden the session would stop responding and when looking in the Task Manager Processes acad.exe would stay at 49 - 50 % processing power. The only way to get around it is to end task.

It was finally narrowed down to stop responding most consistently when hovering over objects that would display tooltips and quick properties. When the tooltips and quick properties were turned off the problem seems to go away.

User 1:

Has attempted a repair but this does not resolve the issue. User then attempted a complete un install and re install of ACAD and the problem seemed to be fixed. But a few days later it started up again. In the time from the re install and the problem there were no noticeable changes. Looking in the system restore points there were no Microsoft updates and to my knowledge the user had not installed any new software.

System: Dell OptiPlex 760 Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 32 bit

Display: Duel Monitors

Display Adapter: Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset

Driver Version: Originally 6.14.10.5231; Updated to: 6.14.10.5322

Adapter Description:

Before Driver Update: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset

After Driver Update: Intel(R) 4 Series Internal Chipset

User 2:

User two is from a different company and is not related to user 1 in any way. The user was working fine then all of a sudden one day they launched ACAD and it would stop responding almost instantly. I attempted the same steps I went through with user one and disabled the tooltips and quick properties and ACAD works more stably now. When ACAD does stop responding the acad.exe shoots up to 49 - 50 % processing and needs to have task ended. The system restore points did not show any restore points for any windows updates and to my knowledge the user did not have any new software installed.  Haven’t been able to get the user to send me the system info but I know they are using Windows XP Service Pack 3 and are using duel monitors on a graphics card and not a chipset.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

What happens if you unplug the Ethernet cable, switch the antivirus off, and run Autocad..?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I'll give those a try and get back to you.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Took them a long long time to get around to finally leting me know that they do not have an anti virus software on their computer. That all the internet and network activity is filtered through the network gateways. 

Message 5 of 6
antoniovinci

Sir, I ask you for the second (and last) time: are there any changes if you physically unplug the Ethernet cable, no matter of Internet..?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

If the Ethernet is un plugged AutoCAD can not obtain a license from the License Server and will not launch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost