AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
nkg2
Message 11 of 13 (105 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Map3d 2014 Crashing

06-10-2013 08:22 AM in reply to: nkg2

Yes I do.  Do I use it, sort of but not too much.   I do have issue that it gobbles almost as much ram as MS Exchange.   Dropbox, which I would equate to 360 in some regards, runs at 1/3 of the memory that 360 does.   Very disappointing in that respect.  

Autodesk 2015 Infrastructure Design Suite - Premium
Windows 7 Professional, x64, Intel Xeon W3350 3.07GHz, 12GB Ram, NVidia Quadro 4000
Valued Mentor
fieldguy
Message 12 of 13 (96 Views)

06-10-2013 02:47 PM in reply to: nkg2

The reason I asked is because I upgraded to the 2014 infrastructure design suite last Wednesday and 360 came along with it.  I had several freezes Thurs & Fri, so today (Monday) I tried opening everything (2 browsers, outlook, acad with a large file, etc.) and let it sit.  It froze after 5 or 10 minutes.  By freeze I mean the power button was the only option available.

I uninstalled 360 and Map 3D 2014 64 bit has been fine - no freezes.  360 is a cool concept but perhaps it is not ready for prime time?

Distinguished Contributor
nkg2
Message 13 of 13 (92 Views)

06-10-2013 03:07 PM in reply to: nkg2

Fortunately for me, this was not the case.  If I let the program go idle for say 3-5 minutes without doing a command, I would get Autodesk had an unsuspected problem and had to be shut down.  This was on MS side not autodesk side.   After there was a .NET 4.5 hotfix issued by MS, my problems seemed to have simmered down then it started back up again.   I have not dived into it full force yet since I have had to move on to other things but I do need to see if my IT consultants recently made changes (i.e. uninstall the hotfixes) that may have caused the problems to resurface.  I agree that 360 looks sweet and not sure totally about the whole cloud credit thing but will see.  As subcription member, you get like a 100 credits.  Not sure what that gets you at this point.  Again though system resources are just ate up by 360.  I like to watch what I seeing and doing on my computer especially since I will play with large adf files which if I run Infraworks (if you have not tried it yet it is great) will max out my quad xeons for about 20 minutes and sometimes trip the temp alarm.   But go to addgagets.com and get the latest CPU monitor (4.7 as of last week) and you can see your ram and page memory as well as your core usage and temperatures.   Pretty handy tool.   I am using Win 7 Pro so not sure if addgagets will work for 8 if you are using 8.  

Autodesk 2015 Infrastructure Design Suite - Premium
Windows 7 Professional, x64, Intel Xeon W3350 3.07GHz, 12GB Ram, NVidia Quadro 4000

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community