AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 problems with plot preview

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
bbasic3
1232 Views, 15 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 problems with plot preview

When import Raster files with FDO (Raster or WMS connection), Map stop working after start Plot Preview.  Any sugestion?

WIN 7 64 bit

HP Elitebook 8770w i5 2.8 , 8GB RAM , SSD, ATI FirePro

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: bbasic3

Hi,

if your page-setup is set to use millimeter try to change it to inch, does Map 3D crash then after a preview?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 16
bbasic3
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Same thing. This problems repeat in Map 3D 2015 and Civil 3D 2015.

Message 4 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you reduce the content of the drawing to just a layout and just one WMS-connection, if that drawing shows the same problem with plot preview please upload that drawing.

It may also be interesting what language of Map 3D you have, what printer driver is set current for that layout and what OS you have.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 16
bbasic3

I test this problems on ten different printers (include three PDF printers) and on different OS - WIN 7, 8, 8.1 include both versions (32 and 64 bit) on different machine. I use English version of Map and Civil.

It is not a problem with some drawings, I just insert some picture (JPG) with size of few hundred KB through FDO , and programs stop on plot preview.

Not happening Fatal Error, programs just stop. 

Message 6 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> and programs stop on plot preview.

Just to be more clear in detail: program stops when you

• click on preview ... you don't get the preview displayed
  • click on preview, the preview is shown, then you can't do anything more, no zoom, no pan, no exit
  • click on preview, the preview is shown, you can zoom and pan, but when you exit the preview Map 3D stops working.

And what means "program stops" exactly?

• Map 3D is visible but you can't do anything in it ==> what does the taskmanager tell you now about processor load for the ACAD.EXE task
  • Map 3D window closes, it's not visible any more ==> does the taskmanager show the ACAD.EXE process?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 16
bbasic3

Hi,

First answer is:

"click on preview, the preview is shown, you can zoom and pan, but when you exit the preview Map 3D stops working."

I upload two screenshot of Task manager - normal and after stop working.

Normal.jpg

After_stop.jpg

Message 8 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I'm surprised, I can reproduce that (sometimes) only when the layout is set to plot-units = millimeter.

Can you upload a sample drawing (and the images you use for that sample) then

a) has a layout that you tried

b) the issue is reproducable with that layout.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 16
bbasic3

It happens all the time, regardless of unit or type of image. I tried a different image formats and always happens the same problem.

Message 10 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It happens all the time,

Not for me, so that was the reason that I would try this with your drawing.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 16
bbasic3

I attached a simple drawing and image inserted through FDO connection.

Message 12 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Sorry, I'm unable to reproduce the effect.

BTW: when you don't have geographic coordinated you can use command _IMAGE instead of _MAPCONNECT, when you have geographic coordinates for that image you can use command _MAPIINSERT.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 13 of 16
bbasic3

This is just an example. Again I repeat, this happens with all images when inserted through FDO connection.

In att. is movie with this problems.

Message 14 of 16
parkr4st

Map3D 2015 also

the error duplicated for me.

_image & mapiinsert inserted graphic preview and return to plot dialogue OK

FDO inserted image hangs on esc from preview.  it took about 6 tries to get the error but now it is consistently there

Map is still running as shown in task manager, just not going anyplace.

Looks like a bugaboo in the code?

Message 15 of 16
bbasic3
in reply to: parkr4st

Same thing with 2016 version.

Message 16 of 16
olgal

Map or Civil3D? I've got the same problem when working in C3D but not in Map. Maybe that's a reason no one here can reproduce your problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost