AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 2012 cannot start

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
eherc
3543 Views, 30 Replies

AutoCAD Map 2012 cannot start

We have purchased and installed the Autocad MAP 2012, on the machine with following configuration:

CPU: Intel Core i3 550

RAM: 4GB

Graphic card: Integrated, ASUS EAH6450 Series

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64

Office: Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus 64 bit.

Hard disk space: Total 287GB, free 206GB

When trying to start the AutoCAD MAP 2012, it always crashes. It shows these messages in the command line:

Initializing.....Done.
Regenerating model.
*Cancel*
; error: Exception occured: 0xC00000FD (Stack Overflow)

And after this it displays the generic Windows message that the Autocad application has stopped working.

In the event viewer, two events are registered when this happens.

Event ID 1000:

Faulting application name: WSCommCntr3.exe, version: 3.2.23.0, time stamp: 0x4d2786b8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004e4b4
Faulting process id: 0x13e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd45445d6c8f42
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\WSCommCntr3\lib\WSCommCntr3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 9c96d2e7-b137-11e1-b605-005056c00008

And several seconds after that, also event 1000:

Event ID 1000:

Faulting application name: acad.exe, version: 24.2.107.0, time stamp: 0x4e4b6362
Faulting module name: mfc90u.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dacf630
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000015104
Faulting process id: 0x13a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd45445a91490a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\acad.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_044aad0bab1eb146\mfc90u.dll
Report Id: 9e54baf1-b137-11e1-b605-005056c00008

We have tried several suggestions we found online regarding similar issues, but to no avail. Customer Error Report box never shows up, so we haven't be able to report the crash this way.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
eherc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred, will see to it. It's nice to see there still are helpful people around. Have a nice weekend too!

Message 22 of 31
antoniovinci
in reply to: eherc

Dearest Eherc,

when I started working in IT world, the Berlin Wall was still on, so I appreciate for your helping effort, but I guess you could only learn here...

My question to Alfred was about the link between a software trouble AND the brand named Dell, so it did NOT matter about drivers...

Many greetings from an italian old man!

Message 23 of 31
eherc
in reply to: antoniovinci

My dear Antonio. My entry into IT happened a year after the Berlin Wall fell, so this does make you more IT-elderly, but not for too much. Although people usually say, it's not how many years you spend, than how you spend them.

One thing I learned, and I am trying to communicate, albeit usually to much younger colleagues, is that they should not write on technical forums if they really have nothing to say.

Having said this, I wish you a nice weekend, too. Have a sip of some good Italian wine for me!

Message 24 of 31
Murph_Map

I'll throw my 2 cents into the discussion. Did you just buy 2012 or was it sitting on the shelf the last 6-8 months? With 2013 out it's hard to buy the older version. So lets me assume you did get a legal copy from a legal reseller and the reseller can't help with the issue that's all possible.

Now if you reinstalled Windows, and reinstalled Map3D and still hjave issues did you get any errors or message when you installed either one? Have you checked the install log after you installed Map3d? What version of dotnet is running on the workstation. what type of network or network connections are you using? As the IT exprert you claim I take it you did install and try to run MAP3D as administrator with full rights to everything. What county are you in and is the OS the original version or a modiflied version. Durning the install of Map3D did you use the defults settings/paths?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 25 of 31
eherc
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi, Murph.

I'll throw my 2 cents into the discussion. Did you just buy 2012 or was it sitting on the shelf the last 6-8 months? With 2013 out it's hard to buy the older version. So lets me assume you did get a legal copy from a legal reseller and the reseller can't help with the issue that's all possible.

Your assumptions are all good.

Now if you reinstalled Windows, and reinstalled Map3D and still hjave issues did you get any errors or message when you installed either one? Have you checked the install log after you installed Map3d? What version of dotnet is running on the workstation. what type of network or network connections are you using? As the IT exprert you claim I take it you did install and try to run MAP3D as administrator with full rights to everything. What county are you in and is the OS the original version or a modiflied version. Durning the install of Map3D did you use the defults settings/paths?

Been there, done that. Everything is default, original, new, and checked.

Message 26 of 31
thepworth

I would hazard a guess that 4GB with 64bit Win7 is just not enough RAM - I think 6GB is more like "bare minimum" these days and that it doesn't like the integrated video card...  with the previous discussion on drivers, I think that the combination of the two is what's hurting you 😞

Message 27 of 31
eherc
in reply to: thepworth

Tha would be a very hazardous guess. Since it has 32bit version, it has to do with 3GB. Integrated card problem is a possibility, will try.

Message 28 of 31
thepworth

Huh?  what is 32bit?  Your OP inidcates 64-bit WIn7, so did you try to install 32bit Map over 64bit os?

Message 29 of 31
thepworth

one of the strange things we've noted in our office is that while we use machines with a 1GB Nvidia Quadro NVS 420, when you type "3DConfig" and view the performance tuner log, it reports back that the card has 3815MB memory - so it appears that Win7 enables system memory to be retasked for the video.  If this is true, then what may be a "marginal" graphics card and low system memory may be the root cause.   However, I thought that Asus makes a decent machine (which I though your OP referenced an Asus video card).  I hated having to give an answer that "noncompliant video cards" are the issue and  directing folks to have to spend $$'s from AD's POV. 😞

Message 30 of 31
eherc

No, everything we installed is 64-bit. I was only replying to a previous post that since Autocad Map has 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the 64-bit one cannot be that bulkier that it needs more than 3GBs of RAM (which is the limit for 32bit version).

Message 31 of 31
breex1

Gee, I'm so totally confused.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost