Is anyone else having issues with Map3d crashing frequently? Usually has be happening when just deleting a simple line. I am just using map3d for general 2d drawings, nothing fancy, no data bases attached, etc.
This happens about 3 to 4 times a day.. Usually get an error exception handling error.
Here are a list of things that you could try to see if your performance improve:
1. Tweaking the machine virtual memory to the max.
2. Right click on software desktop shortcut, go to Properties->Compatibility tab and under Privilege Level check “Run this program as an administrator”
3. Empty your Temp folder. (C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp)
4. Change your Visual Effects to “Adjust for best performance”
5. Set the WHIPTHREAD to 3, this SV controls whether to use an additional processor to improve the speed of operations such as zoom, redraw or regenerate the drawing.
One thing to keep in mind, when multithreaded processing is used for redraw operations (value 2 or 3), the order of objects specified with the DRAWORDER command is not guaranteed to be preserved for display "but is preserved for plotting".
6. Go to Options -> System tab, under Layout Regen Options and select "Cache model tab and all layouts", click Apply and OK; or set the LAYOUTREGENCTL to 2.
7. Go to Options -> Selection tab, under Selection preview, and unselect “When no command is active”.
8. Please make sure that the Video card driver is up to date.
9. Disable the Hardware Acceleration under 3DCONFIG -> Manual Tune.
10. Disabling Selection Cycling by typing SELECTIONCYCLING at the command line and setting the value to 0 may help.
11. Turn off Properties palette.
Tip: (CTRL +1)
12. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try turning off Aero themes and/or disabling the BitLocker feature.
Hope this will help.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.