AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Annotate Angles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Peter_NDNG
677 Views, 3 Replies

Auto Annotate Angles

I've been looking for a solution to my problem for a couple of days.  Some backstory, when I started at my current position we had a bunch of building footprints that were generated by a contractor from spotty As-Builts and aerial images (not too thrilled about their methodology).  We need more accurate footrprints for our CAD and GIS integration, and I need to go through and compare the footprint to the As-Builts so we can determine which buildings we need to be resurveyed.  I figured out how to auto annotate the dimensions of the existing footprints that we have using the "QDIM" command.  However, the more I look at the buildings I'm noticing that a number of them aren't square (who would have thought that most buildings are square?), and what I would like to do is automatically annotate all the polyline angles  because currently I'm going through and manually annotating each footprint, but there are hundreds.  Is there a command for this? or am I doomed to days of clicking?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
thepworth
in reply to: Peter_NDNG

seems like it should be possible by a running routine between each line segment of a polyline and then compare first and last segments - the gurus in the lisp discussion forum are more likely to answer on this one.... I can do it with alignments in C3D & have it as a default lable set for our waterline alignments, so it can be done.  just haven't done it in Map/ACAD.

Best of Luck!

Message 3 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: thepworth

are you looking for the angle of the line as in s67 degreese or the interior angle between two lines with a common vertex?

dave

Message 4 of 4
Peter_NDNG
in reply to: parkr4st

The interior angles from lines with a shared vertex.  I normally work in ArcGIS and there are 3rd party tools to do this, but I work for an organization that has to certify plugins and software, so that's not an option.  Even manually adding in the angle annotation is easier in Map3d.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost