AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribut Rotation

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
teflon
773 Views, 7 Replies

Attribut Rotation

Using Enhanced Attribute Editor one can set attribute text rotation to 0 when the block is rotated. But it must be done for each block individually. Is there a way to do this for several blocks at the same time or globally?

I know making block or text annotativ does it but it requires redefining block, something I do not want to do.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: teflon

You should only select those rotated blocks, then _PROPERTIES, and set 0 as "common" rotation angle, sir.

Message 3 of 8
teflon
in reply to: antoniovinci

What I mean is a way to change rotation for attribute globally regardless rotation of the blocks.

Blocks are rotated differently but the attributes should stay at rotation 0 or to be able to be set to 0 afterwards.

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

Dynamic blocks will do that, however you can not use them for point styles and get it to work. One way is to turn off the attributes display then create labels set those to 0 rotations.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
antoniovinci

teflon wrote:

What I mean is a way to change rotation for attribute globally regardless rotation of the blocks 

I gotcha, sir.
Of course, Murph's "dynamic" advice is very elegant, but let me give you an "old-school" one.
You could select and save only the rotated blocks thru the _DXFOUT command (beware, Ascii format NOT binary), then in Notepad (or better text editor) you can search and replace the angle items, save and open back this modified DXF in Autocad.

Message 6 of 8
teflon

Thanks!

It worked!

But I did not find different formats of DXF.

I had already tested ATTOUT/ATTIN but it just changes the value of attribute not the rotation.

Message 7 of 8
antoniovinci

teflon wrote:

But I did not find different formats of DXF

The DXFOUT suboptions are under the Tools menu:

dxfout.gif

Message 8 of 8
teflon

And how do I find my blocks? There are lots of stuffs in there!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost