AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attached Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rodneyj
535 Views, 2 Replies

Attached Drawings

I did a search on this (any search with the word "drawing" in it can be maddening as the results are all over the place), and came up with lots of other stuff than what I am trying to find out, so sorry in advance if this has already been covered.

I have a ton of drawings. One of those drawings has several source maps attached to it (which puts a dwk lock on the attached drawings - no problem; I know how to delete the dwk files so I can open the source maps and update them if I really need to - I've done that before and it hasn't really caused a problem yet, but I don't know if that's cool or not). I do want to find the drawing/map that has the source maps attached to it. Right now I am opening up and looking at the most likely culprits. Still haven't found it yet though. I am wondering if there is a 'secret way' to discover which drawing is the one that has the attached source maps (so I can open it and detach them)????

Thanks to anyone who knows how to do this if it is even possible.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luc.vanlinden
in reply to: rodneyj

If you open the DWK file with a text editor (Notepadd ++ for example) you will find in the middle of the first line (between 2 long series of NULLs) the name of the drawing creating the DWK file (the one that have the file attached ).

Another way is to create a new file, attach all your files (should that be easily done), then you will notice that the file that has itself files attched (nested) will have a + sign/icon in front of it, which is expandable. Those files with the plus sign (and nested attched drawings) is/are the ones you are looking for.

Luc

Message 3 of 3
rodneyj
in reply to: luc.vanlinden

Sweet! Thanks dude! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost