AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach PDF Underlay Dialog box never appears

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dmagbelusi
4616 Views, 4 Replies

Attach PDF Underlay Dialog box never appears

Using PDFATTACH or the Insert tab ATTACH button opens the Select File... dialog box. But after selecting a PDF for insertion, nothing happens. The system responds as if there is a modal dialogo box open (clicking anywhere on the screen causes Windows ding, but I can't otherwise interact with the system), but the "Attach PDF Underlay" box never appears. I can resume using AutoCAD if I cancel the command by pressing ESC key.

Strangely, draging a PDF into the drawing still works.

Anyone else ever have this problem? I'm using an HP Elitebook 8760 with Intel Core i7 and NVIDIA Quadro 4000M, driver version 9.18.13.3182, if that makes a difference.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
melissa.jerome
in reply to: dmagbelusi

Maybe your dialog is off the screen so you can't see it?  When you're at the point where you think the dialog should appear, type Alt+spacebar to see if a windows dropdown box pops up that will allow you to use your arrow keys to move the box back onto the screen.

Another thing to check is that your display driver is up to date.  Type 3DCONFIG, then View Tune Log to see if your driver version is certified.  If not, then hit Check for Updates and follow the instructions to download a new driver.

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: dmagbelusi

To expand on the answer from mjerome, here is an animation showing how to get a dialog that is off the screen, back in view.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
josephsis
in reply to: rkmcswain

Oh my gawsh!  This worked!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I know that this was changed because I utilize 2 monitors at the office, but remoting in only utilizes 1 monitor - so it was off screen to the left, but the 2nd monitor is on the right.  So bizarre.

After searching and trying several other solutions, this one worked.

For my system, once I pressed Alt-Spacebar, I had to select "MOVE" and then hold down the arror key (in my case - right arrow) for several seconds before the window started to appear and scroll accross my screen.

Cheers all!

joe

Message 5 of 5
shoslerGC69F
in reply to: josephsis

Had this same problem, 2020 and still works. Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost