AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As-Built Drawing Edits Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ryan.Osswald
407 Views, 2 Replies

As-Built Drawing Edits Problem

Greetings.

I am a student studdying CAD design and am only in my 4th quarter so my knowledge is admitadly lacking and incomplete.  I also have a full time job where my duties include doing some As-Built drawing work, so im sort of learning on the job what i dont cover in class.  I have run into a problem on a drawing i am working on.  Everything on the drawing that ISNT the underlying floor plan seems to be linked together.  I cant select, or hover my mouse over ANY element on the drawing without selecting EVERYTHING else on the drawing at the same time.  I figured it was made into a block, so i select it all, right click, edit block in place, and then try to go about my business.  The only problem is that even in the block editor all of the outlets/nodes/devices on the drawing are still linked together.  I cant select one without getting every other one in the drawing too.  Becuase of this i cant change the locations of the objects i need to relocate.  I tried "exploding" the block, but when i do that all of my outlets/nodes/devices just dissapear from the drawing.  I am having a very rough time.

Anyone have any ideas?  Im sure i havent explained it well enough....Oh, and it might help to know that the company i work for only has AutoCAD MAP 3D 2008.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
allenrm
in reply to: Ryan.Osswald

Are you sure it is a block and not an XREF. It sounds more like an xref. 

Message 3 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: allenrm

Either select the floor plan and look at the property palette to see what type of enitity/object it is or use the LIST command and then select it.  

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost