AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Reply
*Flatto, Zachi
Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)

Arcview SHP files import on MAP 6

157 Views, 3 Replies
11-21-2002 09:24 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to import SHP files (arcview) into map6 and it seems that it does
not recognize any SHP files neither other formats as MIF\MID.
The new import on the Map6 simply ignores the shp files, when i'm browsing
to directories with shp's these directories seems to be empty.
Can someone advise?
Zachi
*Valade, Marc
Message 2 of 4 (157 Views)

Re: Arcview SHP files import on MAP 6

11-21-2002 10:20 PM in reply to: *Flatto, Zachi
The SHX file has to be in the same directory as the SHP File.
Then Map will see the shape file

--
Marc Valade
CAD/GIS Plan Tech.
Ministry of Transportation, Ontario
www.mto.gov.on.ca
"Zachi Flatto" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:2DB23EFE0C6AFAB2C23E2189B4B175A@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi,
> I'm trying to import SHP files (arcview) into map6 and it seems that it
does
> not recognize any SHP files neither other formats as MIF\MID.
> The new import on the Map6 simply ignores the shp files, when i'm browsing
> to directories with shp's these directories seems to be empty.
> Can someone advise?
> Zachi
>
>
*Gazit, Arad
Message 3 of 4 (157 Views)

Re:

11-22-2002 12:08 AM in reply to: *Flatto, Zachi
Zachi hi,

You asked me about this but didnt call back.

There is no problem!!!

Arad


"Marc Valade" wrote in message
news:14568A5098FCF5B47490DF51B83623BF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The SHX file has to be in the same directory as the SHP File.
> Then Map will see the shape file
>
> --
> Marc Valade
> CAD/GIS Plan Tech.
> Ministry of Transportation, Ontario
> www.mto.gov.on.ca
> "Zachi Flatto" wrote in message
> news:smileyvery-happy:2DB23EFE0C6AFAB2C23E2189B4B175A@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to import SHP files (arcview) into map6 and it seems that it
> does
> > not recognize any SHP files neither other formats as MIF\MID.
> > The new import on the Map6 simply ignores the shp files, when i'm
browsing
> > to directories with shp's these directories seems to be empty.
> > Can someone advise?
> > Zachi
> >
> >
>
>
*Christian, Mark
Message 4 of 4 (157 Views)

Re:

11-22-2002 02:22 AM in reply to: *Flatto, Zachi
Hello Zachi,

What you are experinecing is related to the Graphic User Interface in Map 6.
In Map 6 you specify a directory from within the Import Location dialog box,
and not the specific Shape files. When a directory is selected, all of the
Shape files in that directory are imported. The next dialog box gives you
the ability to filter the SHP's you want to import into the Map 6 project.

Regards,

Mark Christian
GIS Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.


"Arad Gazit" wrote in message
news:63C025E950525A9B94688623DA896353@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Zachi hi,
>
> You asked me about this but didnt call back.
>
> There is no problem!!!
>
> Arad
>
>
> "Marc Valade" wrote in message
> news:14568A5098FCF5B47490DF51B83623BF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > The SHX file has to be in the same directory as the SHP File.
> > Then Map will see the shape file
> >
> > --
> > Marc Valade
> > CAD/GIS Plan Tech.
> > Ministry of Transportation, Ontario
> > www.mto.gov.on.ca
> > "Zachi Flatto" wrote in message
> > news:smileyvery-happy:2DB23EFE0C6AFAB2C23E2189B4B175A@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm trying to import SHP files (arcview) into map6 and it seems that
it
> > does
> > > not recognize any SHP files neither other formats as MIF\MID.
> > > The new import on the Map6 simply ignores the shp files, when i'm
> browsing
> > > to directories with shp's these directories seems to be empty.
> > > Can someone advise?
> > > Zachi
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community