AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to Control Draw Order of a WMS connection?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Jay_B
3425 Views, 8 Replies

Any way to Control Draw Order of a WMS connection?

Hi, I'm a newbie with AutoCad Map.

I'm working with a WMS aerial image and have it connected to some Civil 3d / AutoCad Plan sheets.

The issue I'm having is every time a file that has this WMS attached and displayed I have to "Send To Back" in the Draw Order as it's always covering everything else in the file or at the top of the draw order.

Is there any trick to controlling the draw order so the map is always at the bottom? It's causing problems when I plot using Sheet Set Manager etc.

Any insight is appreciated.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: Jay_B

If you haven't already tried use the map task pane and display tab. Drag the WMS connected layer below the Base Map.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

If you haven't already tried use the map task pane and display tab. Drag the WMS connected layer below the Base Map.

Thanks Murph! While those exact steps didn't work for me, it was enough of a hint to get it to work.

I had to drag the base map above the WMS connected layer and it worked (using the inverse of your steps).

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: Jay_B

Glad to help, just be aware that images from data connect and layouts don't always play nice together. The image may shift a bit in the viewport esp. if the image is in a different coordinate system than your project.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 9
P2rtel
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi,

What would be the next suggestion if dragging the layers does not help? I have WMS layers covering my own drawing.

(I have Map 3D 2013)

Message 6 of 9
vlatko.bocek
in reply to: P2rtel

For me this worked:

Turn off wms layer

Select all in basemap layer

BRING TO FRONT (draworder)

Hope it helps

Message 7 of 9
P2rtel
in reply to: vlatko.bocek

Thanks! It didn't work for me. I have also tried draw order with WMS turned on and lots of regen. Sometimes it worked, sometimes for some objects, sometimes not at all. 

Message 8 of 9
vlatko.bocek
in reply to: P2rtel

Also try this:

Maximum zoom out or zoom extents.

Select WMS frame.

Draw order - SEND to BACK.

Message 9 of 9
P2rtel
in reply to: vlatko.bocek

That worked, at least for this time. Thank you, Vlatko!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost