AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation scales-HELP, please!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cristina.anton
4994 Views, 8 Replies

Annotation scales-HELP, please!!!

Hello!
I have a problem with the annotation scales. It seems like there is a large number of annotation scales on every drawing that I create. I've tried with "scalelistedit" command, but I receive the next error "Index was outside the bounds of the array" . If I try with "annoreset" command, nothing happens, attention messages are disabled, I don't know how to enable them, so...
On the computer that I work I don't receive any error messages, or hint/attention messages, and I don't know how to activate this option. It would be useful for me, cuz I have opened my drawing on another computer, and although it took some time to open it, at least, after that, an attention message(a message with exclamation point) appeared "This drawing contains a large number of annotation scales. Do you want to reset the scale list?". I would have choosen "Yes" and my problem would be solved. Can you please tell me, what can I do the delete all these annotation scales, to have just one??? I have tried also to reinstall my product, hoping that I'll be prompted to enable or not the option to see the attention message- enable the active help(support), something like that, but this didn't work either.
What can I do? Cuz it takes forever to open any drawing, and "copy/paste" it's not a valid choice for me.
Please help me!
Thank you all!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cristina.anton

Do you have all the latest service packs and
hotfixes installed? You don't say what version of AutoCAD Map3D you are using
but part of the scalelist issues were fixed in latest version and hotfix/SP for
others. If you are using Xrefs or attached dwgs in your new drawings those xrefs
and attached dwgs need to have the scalelist reset also.

As for the Warning Messages look at the EXPERT
variable on you workstation.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Hello!
I have a problem with the annotation scales. It seems like there is a large
number of annotation scales on every drawing that I create. I've tried with
"scalelistedit" command, but I receive the next error "Index was outside the
bounds of the array" . If I try with "annoreset" command, nothing happens,
attention messages are disabled, I don't know how to enable them, so... On the
computer that I work I don't receive any error messages, or hint/attention
messages, and I don't know how to activate this option. It would be useful for
me, cuz I have opened my drawing on another computer, and although it took
some time to open it, at least, after that, an attention message(a message
with exclamation point) appeared "This drawing contains a large number of
annotation scales. Do you want to reset the scale list?". I would have choosen
"Yes" and my problem would be solved. Can you please tell me, what can I do
the delete all these annotation scales, to have just one??? I have tried also
to reinstall my product, hoping that I'll be prompted to enable or not the
option to see the attention message- enable the active help(support),
something like that, but this didn't work either. What can I do? Cuz it takes
forever to open any drawing, and "copy/paste" it's not a valid choice for me.
Please help me! Thank you all!
Message 3 of 9

Considering you asked this question almost 2 years ago, I hope you already found an answer, but just in case you haven't, or someone else reads your question, I'd like to help 🙂

The "SCALELISTEDIT" is a really handy command, but sometimes (admittedly this happened in C3D 2008, not the newer versions) like you've said, there are just too many scales for the command to list.  You can type "-SCALELISTEDIT" (same command with an "-" at the beginning), and you will have the option to Reset the scales.  This will reset your drawing to about 15 scales or so, which you can then delete with the SCALELISTEDIT" command (this time without the "-").

Annotation scales seem to get imported from xrefs, so to completely clean your files out, it would be best to start with the base files, then work your way up to the files with the xrefs in them.

Hopefully this helps anyone that needs it!

--Adam

Windows 7 x 64
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
12 GB Ram
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
Civil 3D 2011, 2010, 2009 and occasionally 2008 still (unfortunantly)
Message 4 of 9
Ronaldo54

Annotation scales are a pain in the butt. I cannot understand why anyone would use them.

Dimension in paperspace!!!!

Message 5 of 9
Adam_Farnsworth
in reply to: Ronaldo54

I completely agree that annotation scales are horrible to work with, and I avoid them as much as possible too.  But I always advise against dimensioning, or leaving any text related to the model space in paper space.  Sometimes I'll annotate in paperspace, then use the CHSPACE command to throw my text down into the viewport.  But leaving text in paperspace can be dangerous if viewports start getting moved around.  If everyone working on the sheet knows to be aware of paperspace text, then it would be more safe, but I've not always worked with people that seem to look out for things like paperspace text.

Just some thoughts, but I totally agree on the annotation scales 😉

--Adam

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
Message 6 of 9

So, a way to play "cad roulette" to see if you can crash your machine is to dimension in paper space and then use "CHSPACE" to change the dimensions from paper space to model space and use the command's ability to transform via your scale factor.   Sounds risky, but might help.....  just like another hole in the head 😉

Message 7 of 9

Have you had trouble with the CHSPACE command?  I don't believe it's ever caused a crash for me.

--Adam

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
Message 8 of 9
bkhn_2011
in reply to: Adam_Farnsworth

I have met this eror too. Some tell me what i must do in this case. I want, don't see this conment "a drawing ....contins annotations scale" again when i open drawing. 

Message 9 of 9
bkhn_2011

and my friend have opened this drawing too. But no comment appear like me. I can't xref any drawing. Someone help me, why does this comment just appear in my coputer.  Some one explain what's happen with this case. Thanks much, I'm Mr Hai from Viet Nam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost