AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new shp to existing shp

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
KrakowiAneczka
500 Views, 13 Replies

Add new shp to existing shp

Hello!

Happy New Year! New Year, new tasks 😉

Is there a way to add new shapes (sdf) to existing shape files?

I have shape file with existing parcels and I need to add new parcels to it?

I would really appreciate quick respond!

Thanks,

Ania

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi,

on Map-TaskPane right-click onto the GIS-layer of your SHP (where you want to add objects to) and select new object from geometry in the context-menu (hope that is correct translated from German).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 14

It's not working - or rather, I cannot make it work 😕

I connected existing shape (100 parcels) and new parcel (also shape, 1 parcel), right click on existing shape (in task pane), than clicked new feature from geometry and when i selected shape (existing shape - 1 new parcell- I wanted to add to existing shape files - 100 parcels) I have message '0 found'.

Sorry for long explanation and sorry if that's confusing but I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

if you want to copy all parcels from one SHP to another you may use bulk-copy (depending on the attributive structure of your data).

If you just want to add some of the parcels then convert the source-shapes to polylines and then select the polyline  for adding new geometry   instead the SHP-internal geometry-object.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 14

"If you just want to add some of the parcels then convert the source-shapes to polylines"  - yes, that can be a solution.

Could you pelase advise as what it the best method of doing it?

I have some feature properties in shp which i need to keep.

Message 6 of 14

Hi,

>> Could you pelase advise as what it the best method of doing it?

Don't connect to the SHP via FDO/Map-TaskPane, instead use the command _MAPIMPORT and with that command convert the content of the source SHP-file to AutoCAD plane geometry.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 14

no luck, it crashes my Map 😕

Message 8 of 14

Hi,

>> no luck, it crashes my Map 😕

at what step and with what message?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 14

after importing the shape and when I try to click on the shape and even when I only move mouse over it.

The message I get is attached.

Message 10 of 14

Hi,

ok, I don't know what version of Map3D you are running, there was a version that had problems with MPolygons, maybe it's the source of the problem for you now.

What you can do then: the _MAPIMPORT dialog has (I think on the right-most of the tabs) a checkbox to import polygons as closed polylines, mark that, restart the import and try these elements then.

IMPORTANT: be careful for islands, because the default polylines don't know an island object like the MPolygon object does.

Additionally check for servicepacks!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 14
thepworth
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

did you try "import polygons as closed polylines"  - a checkbox in the mapimport command - to see if that makes a difference since you won't have the mpolygons?

Just a thought from looking at the image and seeing all of the polygons as filled shapes.  closed polylines usually wouldn't be filled like that.

TdH

Message 12 of 14

Hello again Everybody!

I wasn't here for a while - busy, busy, buy I was! (still am!)

could I please refresh the topic?

I have received 3 shape files with parcels information. In those files there are about 1000 parcels, each has got ID.

I also created additional shape with new parcels.

I also have access data base with additional information for those parcels.

I'm using data base to theme the plans I'm creating. The data base is updated regularly.

In order to theme plans properly I need to create new shape files with information from data base "build in them" therefore I need to create joints, export to new shapes and all of that would be easier if I only have one master shape file.

Exporting to CAD geometry is not an option bacause it looses the id.

Anyone has an idea?

I'm using Map 2012 but may use 2013 if it has got that functionality.

Thanks!

Ania

Message 13 of 14

Witaj !

What about exporting all to a complete .SDF file?

Message 14 of 14
annar11
in reply to: antoniovinci

Oh, yes, that's a good idea 🙂 but how exactly to do that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost