AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/Remove rows from SDF non-spatial class Data Table

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
792 Views, 3 Replies

Add/Remove rows from SDF non-spatial class Data Table

I create a sdf file and add a squema for non feature class, for association with an existing feature class squema property.

But the table is empty andlocked with no chance of adding values. Since it has no geometry, how can I put some rows on it.

I try to import using bulk copy, but then I cant remove or add rows.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I insert values in a sdf table?
Is there another way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I create a sdf file and add a squema for non feature class [...]

>> Since it has no geometry, how can I put some rows on it.

Do you mean that you create a SDF to only save attributive data without geometry? Then IMHO that will not work, SDF needs a geometry feature. Attributive data can only be assigned to the record of the geometry object. A record can only be added by creating a new geometry.

And sorry to say that too, if you have any none geometric connection to a database like an ODBC connection, I can't find a way to add records using MAPDATATABLE, the data has to be added in a UI for that database type.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your answer.

The sdf that I create has indeed geometry in one squema, then I create another without geometry for association with one property of the first.

If on the editor of squemas it has that possiblity why couldnt we do that?

currently I am using constraint lists, but some list got dozens of lines...  and keep growing.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> If on the editor of squemas it has that possiblity why couldnt we do that?

If you create a new scheme you have a geometry-field inserted by default. If you delete that you will have no way do feed data into it (at least, I found no way to do it).

That the editor for the scheme allowes deletion of the geometry-field does not automatically mean that it is designed to work with that structure.

Why not make a little SQLite file (or any other database), create your tables in it and link it to AutoCAD Map then?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost