AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access file not attaching

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
indianadarren
1509 Views, 9 Replies

Access file not attaching

I am trying to ATTACH this Access file. I'm in the Task Pane, map Explorer tab, selecting the Data Source icon. I have used the right click - attach method, as well as the two other methods of Attaching DATA sources (i.e. drag & drop)...nothing is working. Any ideas? Is the file bad?

Attached for your consideration

haha, just got this error message when I tried attaching it to this post: "The file does not have a valid extension for an attachment.doc,pdf,dwf,dwg,dxf,dst,gz,gzip,zip,bm,bmp,gif,jfif,jpe,jpeg,jpg,psd,tif,tiff,png,htm,html,xml,xls,lsp,svf,3ds,vcf,png,text,txt,log,env,dcl,rvt,rfa,ipt,iam,ipn,dwfx,idw,csv,nwf,nwc,nwd,sdf,cfz,vtfx,vtf are the valid extensions."

If you include your email address I will send it to you for your consideration.

thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

You can connect to MS-Access with two ways

• using command _DBCONNECT
  • using command _MAPCONNECT and try it via ODBC

....and please say you have a 32bit OS, otherwise you have to work with workarounds (as there a no drivers for MDB-files for 64bit except you install >>>this<<< and that may be problematic with some kind of office-installations).

To verify what's now the better method depends on what you like to do with the MDB-data.

You can't "attach" is as reference as the MS-Access database has no graphical objects to be shown on the modelspace.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10

No, not working. I have a map file without data. I have an Access file with data. According to the following url, I should be able to link them and then generate a link template.

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Map%203D%202010%20User%20Documentation/HTML%20Help/i...

also, here:

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20Map%203D%202010%20User%20Documentation/HTML%20Help/i...

When I follow the Autodesk "How to Instructions" the results are attached as a jpg. Epic failure, but only @ work - this works fine on my home computer (piece of crap laptop). Are the problems linking Access data to map files?

Message 4 of 10

RDBMS:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and the Application.

This is the specific error

hope it helps

: (

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

and the main question once more: you are working on 32bit or 64bit?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 10

Hai,

I am working on 64bit , windows 7 and using Civil 3d 2012.

I am also getting the same message while I trying to connect to access or Excel.

Pleae have a look at the images attached.

Message 7 of 10
dwolford
in reply to: indianadarren

If you are running Windows 7 (64-bit) with AutoCAD 64-bit you can't connect to 32-bit Microsoft Access/Excel without significant workarounds.  Search this forum for the workarounds.  The easiest workaround is to install a 64-bit version of MS Office.  Otherwise you have to uninsall 32-bit MS Office, download a MS Access driver 64-bit from Microsoft and then reinstall the 32-bit MS Office.  This information is based on my recollection from reading similar posts on this subject.

Message 8 of 10

Hai,

Thanks for your reply and forgive me for my late reply.

Yeah now I have to deal with our IT team and let see what happens!!

At the same time I have done some workaround and I found this article saying that you can use The 32-bit version of the ODBC Administrator tool on 64-bit platform.

But again I need the IT team to solve it.

Message 9 of 10
lbeejtpo
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

>as there a no drivers for MDB-files for 64bit

Has any driver or less convoluted workaround surfaced in the time since the OP?  I haven't found anything.  I found this thread trying to figure out why I can't get .mdb files to play nice with Map3D.  Unfortunately I'm stuck on a 64 bit Windows 7 install without admin rights to install or uninstall anything.  It's just for a little training exercise so I don't really want to waste IT's time on it until I actually need to do this for a job.

Message 10 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: lbeejtpo

Hi,

>> Has any driver or less convoluted workaround surfaced in the time since the OP

Nothing new, it's like I wrote in post 2, you need to download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost