AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad Map 2012: stretch vertex leads to crash

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hjs
Explorer
444 Views, 3 Replies

Acad Map 2012: stretch vertex leads to crash

Win7-64bit /acad-map2012.

As soon as I mark a grip (of a line or arc) to stretch it, acad goes on an "indefinte journey", acad doesn't return again. Does anybody have an idea what to try to get rid of this annoying error?

Hans

snap067.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: hjs

Hi,

>> Does anybody have an idea what to try to get rid of this annoying error?

Sorry no idea at the moment, but have you some tools or applications installed?

Plus the usual questions:

• you can't do any GRIPSTRETCH, the first click and Map3D is away? Or does it happen once a week?
  • only in one specific drawing or also in new drawings based on original AutoCAD-templates
  • only on your machine or also on others
  • only with your login at your pc or also when you login to Windows with another account and try it there

And the more info, the more ideas may come as response .... 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
hjs
Explorer

It turns out that a 3rd party product "provocates" Autocad Map 2012 grips comando to generate the crash.

Autodesk has made some internal changes in the 2012 productversion, which adds some "sensitivity" to Autodesk grips. This is enough to crash Autocad even without using the 3rd party comandoes.

My solution: I unload the 3rd party addon when not needed. I hope that either the Autodesk comes with a servicepack for 2012 or the 3rd party deliverer finds a way to avoid "provocation" of Autocad grips commando.

Hans

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

thank you for your feedback, if you are willing to give us the name of the application it might help others too 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost