AutoCAD Map 3D General

Moreveggies
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

AECC alignment object properties export to ESRI shapefile

167 Views, 2 Replies
12-05-2013 12:45 PM

I am transforming water system components from Autocad dwg files (created in Civil 3d 2013 I think) to a personal (or file) geodatabase in ArcGIS 10.1. I am not familair with using Civil 3d.

I would like to know if there is some way I can export (as ESRI shapefile) AECC alignment objects (waterlines) as lines/polylines and preserve  associated data (flow direction and station label info) as field attributes associated with the lines/polylines.  I am not sure if there is elevation data associated with the alignments, but would want to preserve that data too if it is available.

currently working with water system asset inventory mapping and geodatabase design
using Autocad Map 3d 2014 on Windows 7
using ESRI ArcGIS 10.1 on Windows 7
using ArcGIS 10.2 on Windows 8.1
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: AECC alignment object properties export to ESRI shapefile

12-05-2013 02:38 PM in reply to: Moreveggies

Hi,

there exists the command _AECCEXPORTTOSDF, that can create GIS-data from some Civil3D objects.

The next step is to convert the alignment-data in the SDF to a SHP (or if you have to an ArcSDE connection)

Steps like _MAPCONNECT the SDF data and then run bulkcopy to get it converted to a SHP .. or use _MAPIMPORT to get the data from the SDF into AutoCAD (as AutoCAD objects with objectdata) and back to a SHP with _MAPEXPORT.

HTH & good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moreveggies
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: AECC alignment object properties export to ESRI shapefile

12-05-2013 05:34 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Thank you kindly Alfred, I will give your clear instructions my best
attempt...when I can get back to my Autocad space (snowed in at home space
at this time).
--
Adrienne
currently working with water system asset inventory mapping and geodatabase design
using Autocad Map 3d 2014 on Windows 7
using ESRI ArcGIS 10.1 on Windows 7
using ArcGIS 10.2 on Windows 8.1

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community