AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AECC alignment object properties export to ESRI shapefile

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Moreveggies
547 Views, 2 Replies

AECC alignment object properties export to ESRI shapefile

I am transforming water system components from Autocad dwg files (created in Civil 3d 2013 I think) to a personal (or file) geodatabase in ArcGIS 10.1. I am not familair with using Civil 3d.

I would like to know if there is some way I can export (as ESRI shapefile) AECC alignment objects (waterlines) as lines/polylines and preserve  associated data (flow direction and station label info) as field attributes associated with the lines/polylines.  I am not sure if there is elevation data associated with the alignments, but would want to preserve that data too if it is available.

currently working with water system asset inventory mapping and geodatabase design
using Autocad Map 3d 2014 on Windows 7
using ESRI ArcGIS 10.1 on Windows 7
using ArcGIS 10.2 on Windows 8.1
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

there exists the command _AECCEXPORTTOSDF, that can create GIS-data from some Civil3D objects.

The next step is to convert the alignment-data in the SDF to a SHP (or if you have to an ArcSDE connection)

Steps like _MAPCONNECT the SDF data and then run bulkcopy to get it converted to a SHP .. or use _MAPIMPORT to get the data from the SDF into AutoCAD (as AutoCAD objects with objectdata) and back to a SHP with _MAPEXPORT.

HTH & good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

Thank you kindly Alfred, I will give your clear instructions my best
attempt...when I can get back to my Autocad space (snowed in at home space
at this time).
--
Adrienne
currently working with water system asset inventory mapping and geodatabase design
using Autocad Map 3d 2014 on Windows 7
using ESRI ArcGIS 10.1 on Windows 7
using ArcGIS 10.2 on Windows 8.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost