AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D MODELING PANEL FOR AUTOCAD MAP 3D

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1383 Views, 6 Replies

3D MODELING PANEL FOR AUTOCAD MAP 3D

Is there a 3D modeling workspace or panel in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012?  We have just upgraded from AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 where I used the 3D drafting toolbars regularly but now I only have the Planning & Analysis, 2D Drafting, Maintenance and Map Classic workspace options with no apparent 3D drafting functionality. We do not use the Map 3D part of the package, unfortunately, but wonder if we are sacrificing full AutoCAD 2012 capabilities because of this.

Alison

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
thepworth
in reply to: Anonymous

you're not sacrificing - it's a vertical product with full autocad functionality.

I haven't worked with the 2012 interface yet, but in 2011, there is a workspace switching icon in the lower right corner of the desktop - looks like a gear/cog.  right click and you should see 3D Modeling as a workspace option.  

Message 3 of 7
thepworth
in reply to: thepworth

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map

This may also be of help. http://geoexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-add-autocad-menu-to-autocad-map.html

if you need to load the vanilla menu/cui.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 7
thepworth
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks, Murph - seeing that website remided me of having to go through that a while back and I completely forgot 🙂

Cheers!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for replying.  The workspace switching option still only gives me the 2D Drafting, Maintenance, Classic Map and Planning & Analysis workspaces in AutoCAD Map 3D - no 3D modelling.  I could go back to the old classic menus but would have preferred the 3d Modelling Ribbon as an option.

Cheers - Alison

Message 7 of 7
thepworth
in reply to: Anonymous

if you follow the blog/link in Murph's post, it shows you how to modify the cuix file and bring it in.  I can't explain why it's not there by default.  if you need more help, send me a private message....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost