AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cut a raster dem file ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
638 Views, 3 Replies

How to cut a raster dem file ?

How to cut a raster dem file generated by this tool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZj4nHpcMDw ?

I would like to trace a line on the 3D raster surface, then cut the surface along this line. At the end, I want to be able to move each part of the 3d surface independantly.

Do you think I can do it with autocad?

thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

what development-environment do you prefere?

Do you have lib's for accessing the point-clouds directly or what type of point-clouds do you have?

At least the steps for me would be to play with the points-clouds before I create a Map3D-surface.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have no preference for the development-environment.

For now, I use Riscan Pro (Lidar software) to process point cloud then from this software I export in Las format. I use Autocad map 3d to generate .isd and the raster dem file...

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> For now, I use Riscan Pro (Lidar software) to process point cloud

In that case it's more easy to use work with the points, select and move them whereever you want them to have and when you are finished you can transfer them to Map3D and create a Map3D-Surface.

Map3D-surface is based on fixed georeferenced coordinates, so you have a lot of options for how to import them, how to represent them on display, but no option to move or modify it.

It's just visualization of existing data ... that's the reason why I suggest to do the work with the points. And as you have tools to work on the points ==> use them.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost