AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find an object in the drawing using vba

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
349 Views, 3 Replies

Find an object in the drawing using vba

I'm trying to find a way to search for and zoom to an object in the drawing from vba. I understand two methods: 1. use the Find command from the "Edit" pulldown menu, or 2. select all entites on the screen and search for the string until I have a match. I prefer to use Autodesk's version (1) as it is much faster than (2); however, I can't find a way to invoke this in vba.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amanero
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a question: How do you know what object are you looking for? It could be good to know it to be able to help you.
Luis Alberto Manero, Geograma.com
Message 3 of 4
LochDhu

It sounds like you are looking for text/attribute info. Mr. Tony Tanzillo has a nice ActiveX extension that may work for you.

http://www.caddzone.com

Once you find the object(s), use there geometry properties to zoom to.

Good Luck,

Scott Friedrich
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get it to work by using by using a selection set and dynamically changing the filter based on the item selected from another viewport and then use teh bounding box to center zoom. I couldn't hard code this to look just for text / attribute / object as some objects had attributes while others had object data records.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost