AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy from the command line

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BigDumbWeirdo
618 Views, 1 Reply

Copy from the command line

I'm curious if anyone knows of any ways to copy text from the command line? I have some old routines in a compiled lisp file that prints data to the command line, but I need to create a new routine that uses that data. The data contains a checksum, the exact calculation of which I have yet to be able to duplicate, so re-creating the original routine is not feasible.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I managed to solve the problem myself. For anyone who'se interested I've marked this response as the solution (if possible, I'm not sure if I can as I type it).

I used lisp to programatically turn on logging, run the old routine, turn off logging, then open the log file and search through it for the specific line I need. I noticed that it's quite important to turn the log file off once the line you need has been printed to the command line, because the combination of logging and command line echo both being turned on will turn this into an infinite loop.

I hope this helps someone other than myself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost