AutoCAD Map 3D Developer

nisunze
Message 1 of 3 (851 Views)
Accepted Solution

Coordinate System definition in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

851 Views, 2 Replies
04-21-2012 02:29 PM

Hello!

I have been struggling to define a new coordinate system in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 but I failed at the last step of defition; I always see the message telling me that I don't have the write access to the folder C:\ProgramData\AutodeskGeospatial Coordinate System\. 

I don't know if it's Windows 7(64 bit) which restrict me from accessing that location or ProdName. Anyway, I successfully login as SuperUser and I am Admin of my PC... 

Furthermore, I don't locate the folder which the warning message tells me that I have no access right.

I would appreciate a rapid feedback.

Thanks to you all

Nixon Magese

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (841 Views)

Re: Coordinate System definition in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

04-22-2012 10:59 AM in reply to: nisunze

Hi,

>> I am Admin of my PC

that does not mean you are running AutoCAD Map3D "as adminstrator". To have admin-rights does not mean that you can save files into a read-only folder (without doing something special).

>> Furthermore, I don't locate the folder which the warning message tells me

That is strange and that may be the source of the problem. For me: that folder does exist, if it does not at your pc you may have a problem with your Map3D-installation. In that case (you verirfied once more the non-existance of this folder) you should try a repair-install.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
nisunze
Message 3 of 3 (833 Views)

Re: Coordinate System definition in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

04-22-2012 10:06 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred!

I have found the problem: I have to run the program as an Administrator. 

Still, I don't find the folder but that doesn't matter as I have successfully defined the coordinate systems that I wanted and I am trying to see how I can define new transformation paths.

Otherwise, I spent a lot of time defining and projecting data in ArcGIS before bringing them to AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Nixon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community